Candles have a very significant role in Black American culture. When we were not allowed to learn to read, candlelight helped us with those forbidden lessons. A candle was placed in the window to identify safe stations on the Underground Railroad. We also have a candle ceremony during the winter holiday of Kwanzaa with various meanings.
For Black History month, our February box celebrated these sentiments.
Each member received 5 items:
Cleanse & Renew (full size 7 oz)
- scents of rain water, linen, & rose
Soothe & Uplift (travel size 3.5 oz)
- scents of sea salt, orchid, tonka, & oud
Focus & Meditate (travel size 3 oz)
- Bamboo, Coconut, Black Currant
- Candle Wick Trimmer
- 2 special Black History items
- earrings from Naturally by SOS displaying strong Black women leaders.
- lapel pin with encouraging message "Love every shade" or "Black is Beautiful"